This lesson fosters a greater understanding of hope and encourages students to depict their personal definitions of hope. Creating and then sharing their art gives them an opportunity to also share hope.
Direct Links to Content in Lesson Plan
- Smuggling Hope
- Figurative Language Resources:
- Digital List-making Resources:
- Blank Postcard Templates:
- Video Editing Apps
- Protecting Student Privacy on Social Media
- Opportunities for Global Connection:
- Skype in the Classroom
- The Global Read Aloud Project
- iEARN-USA: Browse projects here
- ePals: Browse projects here
- TakingITGlobal: Browse projects here
- The Global Education Conference: Connect with another classroom by searching in the project database or by posting in the collaborative projects forum
- Read A Step-by-Step Guide to Global Collaborations on Kim Cofino’s blog for some great questions to consider when collaborating with individuals outside the classroom walls.